`I am about to share with you all little balls of love. I say this because that’s what I feel when I nibble into one.
They not only taste divine, they don’t require any oven use, AND are packed full of protein!
These are the first protein balls I have ever made! I stuck to simple flavors, knowing you can’t go wrong with cinnamon and vanilla..but I can’t wait to experiment a little and create new flavor combinations!
These delicious bites are gluten free, vegan friendly, and seriously sooo good for breakfast, a snack on the go, or post workout!
I grab one or two when I’m craving something sweet, they go especially well with coffee.
I know you will LOVE these as much as I do! Be sure to keep an eye out for more posts in the future with new flavors!
*Side note: Be sure to use a CREAMY nut butter that stirs easy. This is crucial for achieving the right consistency!⠀
- 1.5 TBSP ground cinnamon⠀
- 1/4 cup around 65-75grams Vanilla Protein Powder⠀
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey if you are not vegan
- 1/4 cup almond meal or peanut flour ⠀
- 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal can sub for another 1/4 cup of almond meal or peanut flour⠀
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup nut butter creamy no stir works best⠀
- 3/4 cup of gluten free quick oats or gluten free cereal of choice⠀
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Grind up your oats or cereal in a food processor and transfer into a mixing bowl.
Add your almond meal, protein powder, cinnamon, and nut butter. Stir ingredients all together.⠀
Add in your honey and vanilla then mix again well with hands.*If the batter gets too dry, you might need to add more honey or nut butter.
Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on cookie tray or plastic ware with parchment paper underneath.⠀
Dust with additional toppings : cinnamon, vanilla protein, coconut flakes or salt- if desired.⠀
Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes then transfer into a sealed container or Ziplock Bag.⠀
Keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks. I love them straight from the freezer.!