I was really excited to try Sprinkles Cupcakes because they boast that they “opened the world’s first cupcake bakery in Beverly Hills.” I had also heard rave reviews about their cupcakes which have launched their own bake at home line!
So I ventured on over to their store on Lexington between 60th and 61st streets. The store was a little small, but not uncozy. It had that sugar and icing bakery smell that I love so much. But for me, that’s where the good ends.
I got home with my two cupcakes: strawberry and red velvet. I was so excited because they looked very pretty. But the taste just wasn’t there. The strawberry had a pretty plain- and stale- cake without a very rich strawberry frosting. (Although Magpies in Knoxville makes the most supreme strawberry cake in the world so I’ve been spoiled!) The red velvet was slightly better, but still nothing to boast about. It didn’t have nearly enough flavor and the icing, again, fell short.
Overall I was rather disappointed in these two cakes. They didn’t stack up to what I’d hoped they’d be and I don’t believe I’ll be returning. I warn you my friends, don’t waste your time- you can get better quality at the grocery store!
My resume and portfolio
- We've always been cool. Goggles on the beach! instagram.com/p/ZtPV_WIxD-/ 7 hours ago
- Rat infestation. instagram.com/p/Zp7KvBIxDX/ 1 day ago
- Home vine.co/v/b9VO53QZQ3j 1 day ago
- 2 hours on unmoving plane. Just heard there's still 30 planes waiting to take off in front of mine. 2 days ago
- Just passed the 1 hour mark on sitting on the plane that's not moving. instagram.com/p/ZoqC0FIxPN/ 2 days ago